Dare to Imagine Church, known as “D2I Church,” is a newly-created, diverse, family-focused, multigenerational, and nondenominational fellowship of Christian believers, which is located in Philadelphia, PA. D2I Church’s core mission is “to connect people to Jesus Christ, empowering them to dare to imagine and live a better life.”
The Director of D2I Kids & Youth is primarily responsible for organizing, planning and implementing activities, events and faith development curricula for children and youth at D2I Church.
- Collaborates with the Lead Pastor and D2I Church leaders to provide spiritual and congregational support for children (ages 0-11) and youth (ages 12-18).
- Arranges and executes children and youth outings or external events.
- Complies with D2I Church Safety Policies.
- Recruits and trains volunteer leaders for the children and youth programs, including weekly Sunday classes and youth church, Vacation Bible School/summer camp, and youth life group.
- Devises and implements strategies to develop/nurture current children and youth, and to recruit/integrate new children, youth, and their families.
- Attends weekly Sunday services.
- Regularly reports to the Lead Pastor and/or the D2I Family Team.
- Well-versed in, accessible by and responsive to email, social media, and website.
- Devotes approximately 8-10 hours per week. A stipend is negotiable.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A passion for serving Christ; a calling to children and youth; a college or seminary degree (or is enrolled in a college or seminary program); ability to work within a budget,; ability to create energy among children, youth and volunteers; at least 2 years continuous experience within a children or youth ministry at a church (preferred); some understanding of urban ministry; strong written, verbal and electronic media communication skills; and a welcoming, service-oriented and fun spirit.