Director of Creative Worship
Dare to Imagine Church, Inc., or D2i, is one of the fastest growing church
plants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Founded in 2014, D2i is non-denominational and has grown from 20 people to a congregation of over 700 members. In May 2017, the church purchased a 6.8-acre campus located in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia, which is an economically and culturally diverse community in the City.
The DCW shall embrace and build upon D2i’s vision to be a contemporary, Christ-Centered, diverse, loving Christian fellowship with one core mission: to connect people to Jesus Christ, empowering them to dare to imagine and live a better life.
The DCW will give direction, oversight, coordination, and unity to the ministries of music, drama, dance, visual arts, and media ministry and incorporates these in the worship of the church so that the worship of the congregation is enhanced to the glory of God. This ministry ultimately helps the church fulfill its God-given vision to help people worship God and grow in their relationship with Christ and with each other.
The DCW must be a Christian and should have a demonstrated and proven track record of effective worship leadership. Also, must pass required criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
The DCW should:
• Demonstrate a mature Christian faith and commitment to being a disciple of Christ;
• Have a calling to worship ministry and an understanding that the position of DCW is one of servanthood;
• Be a worshiper of God who is enthusiastic and a self-starter, encourager, a visionary who enjoys entering into, building and maintaining a team of worshippers.
• Provide leadership, vision, and passion for D2i in the area of worship, music and arts that enhance the overall vision and mission of D2i.
• Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a keyboard and/or guitar.
• Demonstrate proficiency in piano, organ and/or guitar;
• Have knowledge of Contemporary Gospel, Contemporary Christian Music, Neo-Christian Soul, and other genres that attract and engage millennials.
• Implementing the Lead Pastor’s vision for worship ministry.
• Assisting the Lead Pastor with planning Sunday morning services in consultation with the Lead Pastor and/or Lead Pastor’s designee.
• Supervising all paid and volunteer staff and leaders in creative worship, music, and arts (“CWMA”).
• Directing all rehearsals and recruiting gifted musicians and vocalists to facilitate an impactful worship experience.
• Setting goals for the worship services that are consistent with D2i Church’s vision and regularly evaluating how those goals were attained or modified.
• Overseeing all music selections as well as related media/video preparation and arts presentation for D2i Church’s CWMA.
• Coordinating with other D2i Teams, including video production, sound & lighting, and audio/visual teams. Overseeing sound and video equipment and staff.
• Encouraging and recruiting volunteers to share their musical gifts and talents, including building contacts and relationships with local vocal and instrumental musicians.
• Lead and/or coordinate praise component of worship services and oversee rehearsals of praise teams/choirs/singing groups and instrumentalists. Planning, arranging and providing/conducting music for seasonal presentations, church programs/activities, weddings and funerals requiring music are key duties.
• Choosing, procuring and providing “fresh” and appropriate music and fine arts that will strengthen the experience for each worship or program context.
• Planning special and seasonal programs in CWMA.
• Managing equipment, instruments and music for CWMA including obtaining licensing, complying with copyrights, and maintaining music and tracks library.
• Drafting and managing the budget for CWMA based upon church policies and practices.
• Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
The Director of Creative Worship, Music, & Arts is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor.
To apply for the Director of Creative Worship position, please send a cover letter
and resume to email@example.com.